Mission: The mission of the collaborative is to challenge traditional historical narratives to build more inclusive, place-based storytelling about St. Louis’ pasts.
Purpose: Partners will collaborate with historic sites, museums, parks, educational institutions, and the public to present historical content from multiple perspectives and encourage civic engagement to address current social and cultural challenges.
Collaborators: Educators, historians, community leaders and their associated organizations, agencies, and institutions.
Process: Partners will work individually and jointly on an ad hoc basis to offer place-based programs in a variety of formats. As a community of practice, the collaborative will share resources and expertise, including cross-promotion of programs and events.
Methods: Collaborators may offer the following:
- Professional and pre-professional development opportunities for students, educators, and interpreters
- Collaborative research projects
- Virtual and on-site programs
- Lesson plans, course materials, and resources
- Other programs/events/activities that support the mission
- Gateway Arch National Park
- Ste. Geneviève National Historical Park
- Ulysses S. Grant National Historic Site